We'll let meet between 9:00 and 9:15.
Location: Pinewood Elementary School - see the map.
While regular TXs are distributed in the field we will install a microfox beacon and show how to take bearing, how to tune the foxes, how to use attenuator, etc.... Then at 10:00 we can start the hunt for regular TXs.
- Transmitter frequencies: 3.55 MHz
- Number of foxes: 5
- Transmit cycle: 1 minute transmit, 4 minute silence.
- Beacon (optional): 3.58 MHz (we can use microfox 3 as beacon)
- 2m transmitters - depends if they show up with 2m receivers
- will we have any receivers to loan (2m and or 80m)
- statement: License is not required to operate a receiver.
- map attached or link provided for the download.
- other info: bring your own lunch, water, etc...